**Scroll down for Race 1 and prior year results
Series registration is now closed but you can still register for each individual event. Registration is limited, sign up now!
Train like a champion! Sign up for the official training series of the Capital City Half Marathon. The Scioto Mile(s) Spring Training Series will give you the training and motivation you need to stay on track for the Capital City Half Marathon!
Both dates feature a 5K loop course! Participants have the option to complete the distance of their choice at both events.
Register for April 9th event (Participants & Volunteers)
What: 5K, 10K & 15K Training Series
When: Sunday, March 19th and Sunday, April 9th. Start time is 8:00am for both events!
Where: Genoa Park on the Scioto Mile!
Who: You! Runners and Walkers of ALL abilities are welcomed!
When do I get my shoes? Beginning January 27th. See below for more details.
Packet Pickup: Two separate packet pickup dates for each event.
- March 19th event – March 16-18 at Fleet Feet Lewis Center
- April 9th event – April 6-8 at Fleet FeetLewis Center
- Race day – Starting at 6:30 a.m. No Shoe pickup. Shirt and bib pickup only!
Your entry fee gets you entry into both of the two races to help tune you up for your spring half and full marathons! Plus, you get:
- 3 distances to choose from
- 1 pair of shoes! The Scioto Miles Shoes for 2017 are the Brooks Flow 5 (neutral) and Brooks Cadence 5 (stability).
- 2 unique event tees
- 2 Finisher’s Medals
- Spring Training Passport – Participants will receive special discounts on all their training apparel and accessory needs and more!
- Bike Escorts – We will have a crew out on the course providing support along the way!
- November 28th through December 31st – $115 for the series
- January 1st through January 31st – $120 for the series
- February 1st race day – $125 for the series
Not sure you can commit to both dates?! No worries, you can sign up for each event individually!
- November 28th through December 31st – $35 – Individual events only. No shoes.
- January 1st through January 31st -$40 – Individual events only. No shoes.
- February 1st through race day – $45 – Individual events only. No shoes.
Register for April 9th event
Parking: Parking can be found at city meters and paid lots adjacent to the COSI.
The Course: Much of the route remains the same as in past years. The big changes are along the eastern side of the Scioto. Previously we stayed on Civic Center Dr. and Marconi. With the trails along the Scioto complete we are going to take advantage of the improved view! Repeat 5K loop as necessary to complete 10K and 15K. Course is marked with arrows and cones. Follow the arrows and cones and you’re on the right track. Click here to view the course map.
Shoe Fitting and Pickup: The first 1500 registered participants for the series are receiving a pair of shoes! The Scioto Miles Shoes for 2017 are the Brooks Flow 5 (neutral) and Brooks Cadence 5 (stability).
- The first 1500 registered participants for the series are receiving a pair of shoes! During registration you will select functionality and size to help us have correct quantities in stock, however, participants will also be fit in-store for functionality and size. Color is first come, first served based upon availability. Shoe colors will not be known until shipment arrives at Fleet Feet. No exchanges or returns once you have been fit for and left with your new shoes. This shoe is only available in a standard width. Shoes are limited to the first 1500 registered participants for the series. Shoes will be available to try on beginning on January 27th, 2017.
- If you registered in time to get shoes, you will be receiving an e-mail by January 26th with more details on the shoe pickup. Shoes will be available to try on beginning on January 27th, 2017! Participants must be fit for functionality and size. Color is first come, first served. No exchanges or returns once you have been fit for and left with your new shoes. Shoes are limited to the first 1500 registered participants for the series.
- Just like the core shoe line, we hold these shoes to the industry’s highest wear test and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect these shoes to last approximately 250-300 miles. Fleet Feet Sports recommends these shoes as a great “second” shoe. These shoes fall into the “minimal” category and should be introduced to your workout regimen with moderation as they will stress the body differently than more traditional running shoes.